Mold Removal And Remediation in Chicago And Suburbs
Mold infestation can cause serious health issues if cleanup is not done properly. That’s why it’s so important to hire mold professionals who are experienced in mitigation.
Since we all spend a lot of time indoors, you want to make sure that the air quality you breath indoors is good. Mold and its spores are caused by too much moisture. Excess moisture from water damage can cause indoor mold and can dangerously impact the indoor air quality. The thought of mold contamination scares most homeowners and businesses. Why? An infestation can cause serious health issues if mold cleanup is not done properly. That’s why it’s so important to hire professionals who are experienced in mold mitigation.
We are one of the most trusted mold remediation and removal companies in the Chicago area. With more than 25 years’ experience, we remove mold in homes and businesses — in attics, basements, crawlspaces, offices, factories and medical facilities.
Signs You May Have A Mold Problem
It’s often difficult to know for sure if you have an outbreak or not. That’s why it’s best to get a mold professionals assessment. Here are a few signs that you might have mold in your home or business:
- Rotten Smell
- Spots, Odors and Stains on Carpets
- Moisture problem in a Water Heater Closet
- Leaky Hot Water Tank
- Musty Smell From Standalone Air Conditioning Unit
- Tarnished Tiles
- Mildew or Fungus in Furniture
- Warped Walls
- If You’ve Had Previous Water Damage
- Allergy or Asthma Flare-Ups
- Persistent Cough or Cold
If you have any of these signs, it may mean you have mold in your home or commercial building and may be suffering from exposure.
If you think you have mold, it’s important to get in contact with a professional remediation company as soon as possible for an assessment. We offer commercial and residential solutions for mold outbreaks due to water damage or other moisture-related issues.
If you think you have mold in your property, contact us today to schedule your mold inspection. CALL 773-694-8956 TODAY FOR YOUR FREE ASSESSMENT.
Why Do You Need Professional Mold Removal?
If you’re not familiar with mold, you may not understand why it’s so important to hire an experienced mold remediation professional rather than just trying to clean it yourself. Mold is more than just unsightly black coloring on your walls, ceilings or floors. It is also incredibly harmful and comes with serious risks, including:
- Damaged wood, carpeting, tiles, and other materials
- Collapsing walls
- Worsened allergies
- Increased risk for asthma development
- Coughing/wheezing/chest tightness
- Potential to lead to skin irritation, fatigue, lung disease, or even cancer in very extreme cases
Start With A Professional Mold Inspection
If you notice a mildew smell, see visible mold or visually see spots on the walls in your basement, attic or other places in your home or business, schedule your inspection right away. Our mold assessor will be able to identify the following:
- The type of mold in your property
- The extent of the damage
- Any conditions around your property that could cause the mold to spread
- Identify the contaminated material
- The mold level
- The necessary steps to resolve the issue
- How long the mold mitigation process will take
- Develop a remediation plan
Mold inspection is more than just looking around your property. We take air samples to gauge moisture levels both inside and outside of your property to find obvious signs of water damage, leaks, broken pipes, or cracks in brickwork. Next, the lab takes about 3-4 days to test the samples and provides a full report of the findings.
Once we have the levels of toxic mold, we can begin our remediation process to get the mold out of your property as safely and as soon as possible.
8 Facts About Mold You May Not Know
- Mold is everywhere.
- There are over 100,000 different types of mold.
- It can grow on many surfaces.
- It starts growing in 24 to 48 hours.
- Painting over mold doesn’t remove it.
- It can grow on Christmas trees.
- Bleach does not kill it.
- Insurance policies often do not cover mold.
Our Mold Removal Process
Mold removal isn’t as simple as just going in and doing a little cleaning until you can’t see it anymore. As highly trained certified mold inspectors, we can determine where, why and how the growth started. Then, we follow a trusted mold remediation process to ensure your property is safe:
- Setup and containment of the damaged area(s)
- HEPA vacuuming of all exposed or infected surfaces
- Proper removal and anti-microbial wipe down of hard surfaces including furniture with a mold cleaner
- Removal of infected porous materials if necessary (known as demolition)
- Negative Air Machine (NAM) or Air Scrubber operation
- Properly bagging and discarding contaminated items for removal from premises
- Antimicrobial treatment and Biocide application
- HEPA vacuuming again to ensure complete removal
- Encapsulation sealant process
Complete Chicago Mold Remediation Services
Mold can usually be found where there is excessive moisture or humidity, but that could be anywhere in your home, even in places you don’t routinely look. Because it can be so widespread and hard to find at times, we offer a variety of mold remediation services depending on your unique situation. These include:
- Inspection for Mold
- Mold Removal and Cleanup
- House Mold Detection
- Commercial Mold Remediation
- Residential Mold Remediation
- Attic Mold Removal
- Infrared Mold Detection
- Mold Damage Repairs
If you need a mold removal service not listed, give us a call. With years of experience, we are confident we can help you.
So if you’re ready to get your mold problem under control, call to schedule your inspection today.
CALL (773) 694-8345 TODAY FOR YOUR FREE ASSESSMENT.
Trust The CleanUP Guys To Help Clean Up Your Mold Problem
We have years of experience with mold removal and remediation – so you’re in good hands. All of our Chicago area workers are insured and certified to do restoration work, whether it’s quick and detailed sewage cleanup or reliable fire restoration services. If you’re looking for a reliable team that can make your home safe again, you’ve come to the right place.
We value you and your home’s safety and will answer any questions or concerns you have. You will always be informed. Contact us today for professional home, business, basement, and bathroom mold removal services that will keep you and your loved ones safe. We’ll even provide a free quote on what how much it will cost to have the mold removed.